Vitamins are a group of substances that are necessary for normal cell function, growth and development, according to Medline Plus, the US National Library of Medicine.
In addition, this portal indicates that there are 13 essential vitamins, but the portal of experts in neurological treatments. Dacer revealed that of the 13, five are ideal for strengthening the brain and stimulating memory.
- Vitamin D: It is also known as “the sunshine vitamin” because the body produces it after exposure to sunlight, and this vitamin helps the body absorb calcium. It also helps maintain proper blood levels of calcium and phosphorus.
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin): It is important for metabolism. It also helps the formation of red blood cells and the maintenance of the central nervous system.
- Vitamin C: Also called ascorbic acid, it is an antioxidant that promotes healthy teeth and gums. This vitamin helps the body absorb iron and maintain healthy tissue. It is also essential for wound healing.
- Vitamin E: It is an antioxidant, also known as tocopherol. Helps the body form red blood cells and use vitamin K.
- Beta carotene: it is converted into vitamin A which helps in the formation and maintenance of healthy teeth, bone and soft tissues. Likewise, to have mucous membranes and skin, with better appearance and health.
However, the amount of each vitamin that people need depends on age, gender and other factors, such as pregnancy and health status, but the best way to get all your daily vitamins is to eat a balanced diet that contains a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, fortified dairy products, legumes (dried beans), lentils and whole grains, according to the United States Library.
For this reason, the first thing to do is consult a health expert so that he or she can guide the process and indicate what is most appropriate for each person, since The information given above is in no way a substitute for medical advice.
For its part, to improve memory and take care of the brain, physical activity should be carried out, and it is important to exercise at least 30 minutes a day, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), as this increases blood flow to the entire body, even to the brain, and helps keep memory active.
It is also advisable to stay mentally active because, just as you have to exercise your body, you have to exercise your mind with activities that stimulate the brain and keep it in shape. To do so, Mayo Clinic, a nonprofit organization dedicated to clinical practice, education and research, recommends doing crossword puzzles, playing bridge, taking different paths when driving, playing an instrument, among others.
Another recommendation is to ask yourself questions whose answers must be investigated, such as, what is the capital of a country, how long do ants live, what was the first song by an artist, among others.
Regular socializing is also ideal, as this prevents depression and stress, which can contribute to memory loss.
Similarly, it is important to avoid smoking, as this alters the increase in cerebral blood flow.
Along the same lines, it is advisable to organize, since writing down appointments, tasks or events will help you remember them more easily. Also, Mayo Clinic recommends avoiding distractions and not doing too many things at once. “If you focus on the information you’re trying to retain, you’re more likely to remember it later. It can also be helpful to relate what you’re trying to retain to a favorite song or other familiar concept.” he pointed.
#Vitamins #strengthen #brain #stimulate #memory