This popular anime-inspired alternate universe will return this summer, bringing with it content for League of Legends, League of Legends: Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra.
Riot Games, the developer and publisher, has announced the details of its Star Guardian World Event: a magical 10-week experience that will unite both gamers from all over the planet and anime fans with immersive content in games and events outside of them.
The Star Guardian event will kick off on Thursday, July 14, globally with the release of the song and music video for Everything Goes On, created by Porter Robinson. Afterwards, players and fans alike will be able to enjoy the content release on League of Legends, League of Legends: Wild Rift and Legends of Runeterra; of the premiere of Sessions: Guardians of the Stars; and the launch of a line of merchandise.
Star Guardians is Riot Games’ tribute to magical girl (mahō shōjo) anime, a genre that empowers young women, showcases the importance of friendship, and celebrates authentic representation of oneself. Like previous content and series, Star Guardian depicts a vibrant alternate universe that focuses on a young cast of champions dealing with school life by day and the responsibilities of magical warriors by night.
Jeremy Lee, Executive Producer of League of Legends, comments:
Star Guardians is a universe that our players love and have been wanting to see more of for years. We’re super excited to bring him back in style across multiple titles and parts of Riot, and cooperate with so many amazing partners to showcase the full potential of this universe to our players, and potential new fans who like this kind of magic. as much as us.
The event will kick off with the release of Everything Goes On, a song created by acclaimed vocalist, songwriter and producer Porter Robinson. Robinson wrote, produced and sung on the track Everything Goes On tells the story of two Star Guardians, each coming to terms with their losses and finding the strength to move on with their new comrades. The song will be available on all major streaming platforms and its music video will premiere on YouTube.
In this installment of Star Guardians, new faces will join your old favorites across three Riot titles:
- League of Legendsthe world’s most played PC MOBA, will release 12 new Star Guardian skins, a narrative client experience called Star Guardians: Another Sky, a new champion, and an event pass to unlock even more content :
- Champion Release: Nilah, the Joy Unleashed (ADC).
- Skins: Akali (Legendary), Kai’Sa (Legendary), Star Guardian Ekko, Sona, Taliyah, Quinn, Nilah, and Rell; Morgana and Fiddlesticks nemesis of the stars; and Star Guardian Ekko and Syndra Prestige Editions.
- LoL (and TFT) Star Guardian Event Pass.
- The Ultimate Book of Spells game mode returns.
- New emotes, chromas, and wards.
- Narrative Customer Experience – Star Guardians: Another Sky (LoL exclusive).
■ Through LoL and TFT matches, players will progress through an exciting story of love and loss, forgiveness and friendship from the point of view of a new team led by Akali and Kai’Sa. At the same time, by completing champion quests in the game, they will increase their “bond” with the different Guardians, unlock rewards, and discover new stories.
- League of Legends: Wild Rift, Riot Games’ mobile MOBA will feature both new and returning Star Guardians during this event, as well as a narrative client experience featuring fellow Star Guardians:
- Skins: Star Guardians Orianna, Seraphine, Ahri, Senna, Xayah, Rakan, and Miss Fortune; and Rakan and Xayah Star Guardians Redeemed.
- WR Star Guardian Event Pass.
- Narrative customer experience (exclusive to WR).
■ Players will experience firsthand Xayah’s journey to save Rakan with the help of new Guardians. You’ll level up your squad and companions through a series of quests throughout the game, where you’ll fight monsters and follow amazing guardians as you learn forgiveness and forge new friendships.
- Legends of Runeterra, the award-winning digital card game, will celebrate with the release of Star Guardian-inspired card, ward, and board skins:
- Skins: Star Guardian Gwen, Kai’Sa, Jinx, Senna, Quinn, Taliyah, Lulu, and Soraka.
- Additionally, Star Guardian Kai’Sa will be LoR’s first Legendary skin, featuring exclusive card art, new voice lines, and a unique level-up animation.
- Guardians: Star Guardian Dragon and Gwen Doll.
- Board: Legendary Starlight Stage board
- New emoticons and reverses.
As part of the event, the Riot Games music team will release their third music album for creators, inspired by and named in honor of the event, Sessions: Guardians of the stars. Players and fans alike will be able to enjoy dance and electronic music on this third album, which also plays with glitch pop, futuristic funk and kawaii bass. These are the artists who have participated in the album:
- 3D BLAST
- bear bear & friends
- lion chang
- Mere Notilde
- Rob Robinson
- Snail’s House
- Strawberry Station
The Riot Games Social Impact Fund, Riot’s charitable engine, will also be launched to support charities around the worldfor which it will offer players multiple ways to contribute through the event.
Between July 14 and August 15, Riot Games will contribute 20% of the proceeds from Star Guardian Event Pass sales at League of Legends to the Riot Games Social Impact Fund, in partnership with ImpactAssets.
From July 28 to August 29, Riot will spend 100% of the profits from Taliyah Guardian of the Stars and from the sales of packages related to the Riot Games Social Impact Fund. These are the items included in the promotion:
- Star Guardian Taliyah (skin only)
- Star Guardian Taliyah Set + Border
- Star Guardian Taliyah Chroma Pack
- Star Guardian Taliyah All-Star Pack
In wild riftFor every 10 Chaos Monsters defeated by players between July 14 and August 11 in the narrative client experience, Riot Games will contribute $1 to the Riot Games Social Impact Fund, up to a maximum of $2 million.
Finally, players will be able to show how much they love the Star Guardians with official merchandise from Riot Games: stuffed animals, apparel, jewelry and more; starting July 14. The Official Collection includes products designed by Riot and products from partners like Good Smile Company and Secretlab:
- Good Smile Company
- 1/7 Scale Star Guardian Zoe Figure (Pre-Order)
- 1/7 Scale Star Guardian Jinx Figure (Pre-Order)
- Star Guardian cushion
- Twilight Star Cushion (August)
- RockLove Jewelry
- Star Guardian Soraka’s Wand Pendant
- Star Guardian Ina Ring
- Star Guardian Locket
- Star Guardian Kiko Pendant
- Star Guardian Friendship Bracelets (Pre-Order)
- Star Guardian Kai’Sa Friendship Bracelet
- Star Guardian Akali Friendship Bracelet
- EMP (EU exclusive. Product names are not final)
- Star Guardian Varsity Jacket
- Star Guardian Skirt | September release
- Star Guardian Dress | Launch in September
- Star Guardian Kai’Sa T-shirt
- Miss Fortune Star Guardian Shirt
In addition to this, From July 14 for a month, the Meltdown bars in Barcelona and Madrid will be dressed in the Star Guardian theme offering themed cocktails specially designed for the occasion, exclusive swag, opportunity to win skins, among other things. From challenges in League of Legends or in wild rift to quizzes to test your knowledge of Star Guardian.
#RIOT #Premiere #Star #Guardian #Event #Featuring #Content #Multiple #Games #Music #Collaborations #PowerUps